Weaving a Web of Poems

All these poems are written by me, a montreal paul. Poems posted here are indexed at http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/2006/08/index.html. You may copy any of these poems, in part or in full, provided that 1) You don't change the poem; 2) You credit your source (eg. "by a montreal paul, Weaving a Web of Poems (http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/)"); 3) You don't use it to make money for yourself or for any commercial purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

I am the keeper of the woven words and paper words at a non-profit organisation here in Montreal- I also weave words in paper worlds and bring imagined worlds to life through theatre in my spare time. I also scratch around on a guitar, writing songs and then trying to learn them. I am discovering that I can do many more things than I once thought possible.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

What I've Been Up To

What have I been doing?
Good question

Is there a good answer?
Well, let’s see….
today I woke up late

Although...
I'm still not totally awake....
but I’m taking it in stride,
the day going by

Actually…..
when I woke up
it was not so late,
not really

I woke up
under warm covers,
still tired and groggy
feeling rather lazy

Did I have to get up?
I’d nowhere
in particular to go,
so the answer was no

So, problem solved,
the scene dissolved
into more sleep,
leaving me scattered
as well as rested
when I next awoke

Oh well
I’ll just take it in stride,
the day flowing by....

Time is just flowing
No need to row
against the current

What have I been doing?
That’s a good question
Do I have a good answer?

I’ve been moving slowly,
moving through the flow
of hurried, worried people

I’ve been among them,
and I know
that I will be again

What have I been doing?
Well, I love to meander,
just wandering aimlessly
along avenues,
down side streets,
down alleyways,
through parks

I love to stop
to write
odds and ends
that could lead
to beginnings,
or to pursue
an elusive idea,
or to picture
a fleeting feeling,
and this can even break
the haze of laziness
where I’ve been content to dwell
if only for a time

What have I been doing?
Not much of anything in particular


Index

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home