Weaving a Web of Poems

All these poems are written by me, a montreal paul. Poems posted here are indexed at http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/2006/08/index.html. You may copy any of these poems, in part or in full, provided that 1) You don't change the poem; 2) You credit your source (eg. "by a montreal paul, Weaving a Web of Poems (http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/)"); 3) You don't use it to make money for yourself or for any commercial purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

I am the keeper of the woven words and paper words at a non-profit organisation here in Montreal- I also weave words in paper worlds and bring imagined worlds to life through theatre in my spare time. I also scratch around on a guitar, writing songs and then trying to learn them. I am discovering that I can do many more things than I once thought possible.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Out of the Blue

You know, there’s nothing to do when some day, out of the blue, the sky crashes down on you, or the ground gives way, all without warning- there’s nothing to do, then nothing at all, for things, well, things just fall, and people fall and then don’t get up again.

It was an ordinary day that turned extraordinary. There was no way of knowing- we thought we knew where we were going, but this time we were wrong. It was insane, and yet the pieces fit- things get hit, and then they fall. People are hit, then they fall. People are hit, then feel the dark power of resentment, they decide what it all meant, every opinion and every fact, they make plans, then they act. But no action creates satisfaction for long, for every action there’s a reaction before too long.

What now? There’s something happening, what can it be? A cop with a gun behind every tree. Well, there goes my day, perhaps my last, what can I say? Somebody set fire to his own mind, gathering power from being unkind in some mad extreme dream, a nightmare for all others around, that fierce piercing staccato sound burst forth out of the blue, through that door- nobody here knew what this day held in store- and now there's blood on the floor- pools and smears and a light gone out, a life extinguished.

Everything’s cloudy as far as I can see, there seems to be no kind of clarity to be found anywhere. I mean, is there? Forgive my incoherence but my world just isn’t making sense right now, the clouds are supercharged and loud and wildly charging through my thoughts, thoughts scattered like a house of cards toppled anew by what came at me out of the blue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home