Weaving a Web of Poems

All these poems are written by me, a montreal paul. Poems posted here are indexed at http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/2006/08/index.html. You may copy any of these poems, in part or in full, provided that 1) You don't change the poem; 2) You credit your source (eg. "by a montreal paul, Weaving a Web of Poems (http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/)"); 3) You don't use it to make money for yourself or for any commercial purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

I am the keeper of the woven words and paper words at a non-profit organisation here in Montreal- I also weave words in paper worlds and bring imagined worlds to life through theatre in my spare time. I also scratch around on a guitar, writing songs and then trying to learn them. I am discovering that I can do many more things than I once thought possible.

Monday, December 04, 2006

That Four Letter Word

Love- oh yes, that:
so often sung of,
so little understood.

I am speaking for myself only, you understand.
The sweet burning seemed to take over- the rest of me tried to take cover.
What kind of lover is this?
The kind who can only be who he is, and make it work somehow, or at least try to.
What else do I have to offer now? Well, many things, which don’t seem to add up.
Many interesting pieces that never will quite fit together- the pieces remain apart.
The sweet burning to the burnt out yearning of the heart- is this what love has become?

Well, there are other kinds
flowing in and out of minds
and hearts, crossing
the spaces between friends
maybe with hugs
or just smiles
between friends
spending time
enjoying time together,

maybe even somehow seeing
the friend in everyone,
not so easily done
with any kind of persistence
In fact, in some people
it is best seen from a distance

There can be love
in living and letting live
For some, it’s the best love I can give
And I found myself
a better place to live,
a gift to myself,
to finally lift
my spirits

For I've lately learned some things from death:
life is short,
life is fragile,
and life is beautiful

And when hatred tears through flesh and bone
to assert its law over life,
when greed consumes life in search of more life,
producing death,
when indifferance looks on
then turns away,

love tends to the wounded,
soothes the sick,
consoles the grieving,
even gets me to believing

that we've a fighting chance
in troubled times
Aren't they all
in their own way,
but it can seem
quite grim today

So many hellos and goodbyes
As my fortunes fall and rise
Love is guiding me somewhere
Crying “follow if you dare!”

Well, what else can I do?
so I guess that means I’ve got to

Index

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home