Weaving a Web of Poems

All these poems are written by me, a montreal paul. Poems posted here are indexed at http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/2006/08/index.html. You may copy any of these poems, in part or in full, provided that 1) You don't change the poem; 2) You credit your source (eg. "by a montreal paul, Weaving a Web of Poems (http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/)"); 3) You don't use it to make money for yourself or for any commercial purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

I am the keeper of the woven words and paper words at a non-profit organisation here in Montreal- I also weave words in paper worlds and bring imagined worlds to life through theatre in my spare time. I also scratch around on a guitar, writing songs and then trying to learn them. I am discovering that I can do many more things than I once thought possible.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Celebrating the Inevitable

The fading sunlight
streams in wanly
one December afternoon,
and soon
the downward pull
is irresistible.

The snow is still new,
the white replaced the grey
last Sunday
and I could celebrate
the onset of winter
on a magical street
festooned with coloured lights,
even the shops
and the shopping
seemed graceful,
not hives of frenzied action
multiplying transactions
in search of
some kind of
satisfaction

and getting to clinging
to just about everything
the smell of wood smoke
was wafting through the air

before settling
upon clothing,
upon hair
and faces

I could celebrate
the onset of winter
with boyish wonder

Funny how young
I can feel,
and how old

Index

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home