Weaving a Web of Poems

All these poems are written by me, a montreal paul. Poems posted here are indexed at http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/2006/08/index.html. You may copy any of these poems, in part or in full, provided that 1) You don't change the poem; 2) You credit your source (eg. "by a montreal paul, Weaving a Web of Poems (http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/)"); 3) You don't use it to make money for yourself or for any commercial purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

I am the keeper of the woven words and paper words at a non-profit organisation here in Montreal- I also weave words in paper worlds and bring imagined worlds to life through theatre in my spare time. I also scratch around on a guitar, writing songs and then trying to learn them. I am discovering that I can do many more things than I once thought possible.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Flow

There is a stream of lines, flowing through people's minds.
The lines form waves and flow back and forth between us
as we share parts of our lives.

People live on inside of others even before they die-
strands of them live inside of others, joining life to life,
joining together differant streams of experience.

Strands pulsating within me are sending waves of friends' lives into my own stream of being, and transmitting my waves into their own living streams. We also share our dreams. To share is not to conquer or to submit. Have you ever felt like you had to give up your dreams for the dreams of someone else? But here dreams are joined and combined or they play off each other, feeding sparks into the flow.

When the flow is dammed up, and I become stagnant and sterile, please understand, and try not to judge. Please give me a hand to help me get my mind unjammed and my dreams sparkling again.
And you will hear that life in my voice again- the voice of life realized in acts of collaboration.

There is more of you in me than I wanted,
that or there isn’t quite enough.

As long as there is a me to speak of,
you will be there- that at least I do know.
I know it, so I don’t need
to promise it or threaten it. It is.

Our interconnectedness flows across time in undulating lines, bending,
but unbroken in spite of my best efforts/in spite of my worst efforts.
But now, thinking of you, I’m thinking of ways to welcome you.

Let the crackle of welcome
dart forth between bodies,
enveloping them in warmth,
powering joyful voices.

Let the joy of welcome
resound across distances-
celebrating differences
to bring them together,
making the meeting place
holy to all-
a place for every being’s
beautifully flawed
offering





Index

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home