Weaving a Web of Poems

All these poems are written by me, a montreal paul. Poems posted here are indexed at http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/2006/08/index.html. You may copy any of these poems, in part or in full, provided that 1) You don't change the poem; 2) You credit your source (eg. "by a montreal paul, Weaving a Web of Poems (http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/)"); 3) You don't use it to make money for yourself or for any commercial purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

I am the keeper of the woven words and paper words at a non-profit organisation here in Montreal- I also weave words in paper worlds and bring imagined worlds to life through theatre in my spare time. I also scratch around on a guitar, writing songs and then trying to learn them. I am discovering that I can do many more things than I once thought possible.

Monday, December 04, 2006

It’s All Good, I Guess

Somewhere there I made a mistake,
for the roots never did take
and the wind blew me away,
to land somewhere some other day

Days of confused circumstances
of darting glances that seek
to see without connecting, for they
seek some way of protecting
the self from harm
Wariness verges on alarm

And it becomes a burden
to be aware
enough to even care
Where’s my next
shot of oblivion
going to be coming from?

Who cares?
It’s musical chairs
The music stops,
I’m the odd one out
The penny drops,
and I see:
There’s no one there for me

Somewhere there I made a mistake
My dreams are so brittle
that they break
as soon as I awake

Index

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home