Weaving a Web of Poems

All these poems are written by me, a montreal paul. Poems posted here are indexed at http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/2006/08/index.html. You may copy any of these poems, in part or in full, provided that 1) You don't change the poem; 2) You credit your source (eg. "by a montreal paul, Weaving a Web of Poems (http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/)"); 3) You don't use it to make money for yourself or for any commercial purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

I am the keeper of the woven words and paper words at a non-profit organisation here in Montreal- I also weave words in paper worlds and bring imagined worlds to life through theatre in my spare time. I also scratch around on a guitar, writing songs and then trying to learn them. I am discovering that I can do many more things than I once thought possible.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Way Forward (Rant No. 378)

There`s a way forward,
or so I`ve heard,
but I`m lost,
in a word,

hung up on a word,
A meaning was disinterred,
Consequences occured,

without rhyme or reason, if you think you`ve lost sight of them and now you`ll just see if you thought you could discount me! I`ll huff and I`ll puff and I`ll burn your house down and I`ll raze this whole town and I`ll raise the dead, bringing salvation through strife, a life for a life, a tooth for a tooth, my truth for your truth,

and truly I tell you that this is it, whatever "it" may be, so don`t think that you understand as I bellow my demand through a bullhorn, shorn of all compassion, honed to precision, no heart and all vision:

this is the sin by which I`ll win, and mark my words this is not the end, I can take or leave you, friend, don`t make me come over there, for in case you were unaware, I have at last returned, amidst the rubble of what burned; burned out rubble born of trouble yet the grass will grow and nature will reclaim her earth once again and then!

then will be the hour of which it has been said: "You will be born again, and it will be no better than the first time"

Sorry to sound so pessimistic, and I fear that this will stick through thick and thin, remember the Chesire cat grin,

remember the woodfire smoke,
remember good honest folk,
whatever happened to them anyway?

remember the games that we play,
making up the rules as we go along
Which ones are right, which ones are wrong,
is hard to say, but by them we play

or we don`t play at all,
and we fall,
and that`s about it




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home