Weaving a Web of Poems

All these poems are written by me, a montreal paul. Poems posted here are indexed at http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/2006/08/index.html. You may copy any of these poems, in part or in full, provided that 1) You don't change the poem; 2) You credit your source (eg. "by a montreal paul, Weaving a Web of Poems (http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/)"); 3) You don't use it to make money for yourself or for any commercial purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

I am the keeper of the woven words and paper words at a non-profit organisation here in Montreal- I also weave words in paper worlds and bring imagined worlds to life through theatre in my spare time. I also scratch around on a guitar, writing songs and then trying to learn them. I am discovering that I can do many more things than I once thought possible.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lives in Pieces

written January 19, 2003

The trauma of 'interesting times' and strife
and the mad rampage of 'leadership' ceases
What drama!
But now I see my life
lies broken in so many pieces

Take a look if you like,
there's not much to see
All that I am
is just so much debris

What a discouraging mess,
I really must confess
But what is there to do
but to once again try
my best to repair
my broken life?

I know that some day
you will feel broken too
Life is deadly, and will get to you
either sooner or later

When you find yourself
feeling in such rotten health,
feeling considerably lesser
where once you felt much greater

I hope I'll be able to do
something for you,
give up a piece of myself
to help pull you through

What else would there be
that I could do
To help repair
your broken life?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home