Weaving a Web of Poems

All these poems are written by me, a montreal paul. Poems posted here are indexed at http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/2006/08/index.html. You may copy any of these poems, in part or in full, provided that 1) You don't change the poem; 2) You credit your source (eg. "by a montreal paul, Weaving a Web of Poems (http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/)"); 3) You don't use it to make money for yourself or for any commercial purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

I am the keeper of the woven words and paper words at a non-profit organisation here in Montreal- I also weave words in paper worlds and bring imagined worlds to life through theatre in my spare time. I also scratch around on a guitar, writing songs and then trying to learn them. I am discovering that I can do many more things than I once thought possible.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Doomed & Delusional

Sometimes I seem to be doomed to pursue my own delusions
Sometimes I wonder where my freedom could have gone
How could I be taken in by beautiful illusions?
- from which I’m never disillusioned- I keep hanging on, hung up on a dream, let down

When I seem to awake, I awake into a dream that’s opened up inside this dream
I even dream of escaping the dream, and that’s when I make some things out of nothing, note: not quite what they might seem
Sometimes I hear the roar of emotions at war and want to scream

Have I lost touch with reality? Could I reach out and touch the real?
But I feel that I miss it instead. The book I read
planted dangerous ideas germinating in my head
There were a bunch of ideas there, and some of them I took
and adopted, and if all else fails, I can always blame that book
for leading me astray. As rays fade and I wade
through wondrous words, I wonder
You won wondrously once again
And the circling birds above me seem to say that you love me
You love me not

There could be a memory to unlock this door, but I forgot
that pattern tattered and worn I wore for too long- now it’s gone
All I remember are these delusions that keep me hanging on


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home