Weaving a Web of Poems

All these poems are written by me, a montreal paul. Poems posted here are indexed at http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/2006/08/index.html. You may copy any of these poems, in part or in full, provided that 1) You don't change the poem; 2) You credit your source (eg. "by a montreal paul, Weaving a Web of Poems (http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/)"); 3) You don't use it to make money for yourself or for any commercial purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

I am the keeper of the woven words and paper words at a non-profit organisation here in Montreal- I also weave words in paper worlds and bring imagined worlds to life through theatre in my spare time. I also scratch around on a guitar, writing songs and then trying to learn them. I am discovering that I can do many more things than I once thought possible.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Streams of Sunshine

I started writing this one very sunny, strikingly clear Sunday afternoon in August- which reminded me of the sunshine that poured down on me during my travels in maritime Quebec and New Brunswick, as I felt the wonderful sea air. After weeks of humid haze, the clarity comes as a pleasant shock. This is me walking around in a daze from too much sun, but celebrating this- at the seaside and later at home.

That Sunday afternoon, at the Tam Tam in Montreal, I saw a young woman selling brownies on a tray. I thought to myself "I wonder what's in those brownies?"

Proclaimed sunshine pouring forth
and pouring into consciousness
saturated into bliss
sophisticated, dazed and elegant in its simplicity

Stunned by sudden clarity;
shouting sharpness in things I see;
vividness in colourful dreams,
simplicity’s never what it seems

Swimming through streams of sunshine,
Revived by sea winds, feeling fine,
Brightness and colour proclaiming themselves,
Peeking in where the shadow dwells
Through these streams and waves I’ll wade,
‘til I find the shore of shade

The sunshine today is rather loud
I'm wearing colourful clothes,
and dancing in a beautiful crowd,
as the answering wind blows,
but I've forgotten all my questions,
and I've lost track of my friends

A girl in a twirling dress
was selling brownies on a tray
I thought that odd,
I must confess
I ate one and I blew away
upon a dandelion wind,
from which I reached down to spin out the remains of this tale,
which got away, they set sail on green waves of grass, beneath a sky of stained glass

Waves of electricity somehow got to me
from someone I thought I knew,
who I thought might just be you

And I became the role I played,
‘til I heard the applause fade
It was one of those places
I could see no faces
But somehow I could recognize every pair of eyes
reflecting the points of light dancing on the nearby water,
for eyes to witness, proclaiming sunshine,
poured forth and pouring into
consciousness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home