Weaving a Web of Poems

All these poems are written by me, a montreal paul. Poems posted here are indexed at http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/2006/08/index.html. You may copy any of these poems, in part or in full, provided that 1) You don't change the poem; 2) You credit your source (eg. "by a montreal paul, Weaving a Web of Poems (http://alouan-maloua.blogspot.com/)"); 3) You don't use it to make money for yourself or for any commercial purpose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

I am the keeper of the woven words and paper words at a non-profit organisation here in Montreal- I also weave words in paper worlds and bring imagined worlds to life through theatre in my spare time. I also scratch around on a guitar, writing songs and then trying to learn them. I am discovering that I can do many more things than I once thought possible.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Words and Worlds

Words can be used to build many things, including worlds.
A world is simply a variation on another world.
All you have to do to create a world is to tell its story.


In the beginning there was the word.
A word in no language.
A word from which all other words came,
An idea from which all other ideas emerged

And that word was the creation
By it all things were created, at least on paper
Don`t ask me how things are created in practice
Although they say that practice makes perfect,
One look at the world should convince us otherwise

For years I lived in the world of words.
Creating things with words
But then one day someone told me
that I`d have to face the real world

For too long I`d looked out
on the world from an ivory tower,
trying to understand things
by the to and fro of words

And so I went to another world,
That world being New York
You could say
that living in New York
is living in the real world,
That, or living in
a very expensive dream

But maybe New York is a dream,
and Montreal`s a dream
Things are not as they seem
and the images we`ve seen
we try to understand with words

And it may seem absurd,
Or we may think we understand,
Wielding the right ideology
Cathedrals of ideas,
Built with words

So where`s the real world anyway,
in this universe, amidst the many
worlds like layers of the onion?

Try to peel them off
and it will end in tears

But anything can seem plausible
when at last you`ve found
the right words to represent them
from a copy of reality

And where is the original?
Can we trace it back
to the word there was
In the beginning?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home